Saturday, October 16, 2010

Nail of the day - China Glaze Ruby Pumps

I love a good red nail, don't you? So classic and sexy, it's probably my favorite nail look. Now that it's fall I'm able to wear all of my dark nail polishes that I typically don't wear during the summer -- like this beautiful red. Today, I'm starting out a regular feature here on Prettied Up called Nail of the Day (NOTD) with one of my favorite nail polish colors ever: China Glaze Ruby Pumps. 
Flash off
Flash on
I have worn this so many times, it's really my go-to color. I tried to capture the color of the polish as best as possible through these photos but really, you have to see it in person. It is so glittery, and looks exactly like Dorothy's ruby red slippers from The Wizard of Oz. Whenever wearing this color, I get so many compliments on my nails! 

Plus, I very much like China Glaze nail polish - the brush is nice and the color goes on very easily. I have had this color for about a year and the polish is not clumpy, even though I wear it all the time! 

What do you think? Do you love red nail polish as much as I do? Are your dark nail polishes coming out of hibernation or do you wear them all year round? Truth be told, I've been known to rock a dark nail in the summer, now and then. 

3 comments:

  1. looks gorgeous and love the name!

    i think china glaze or opi should do a wizard of oz collection :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful color!! It's a bit shimmery right? I love red nail polishes, they're so classic! :)

    Can you check out my blog too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stavroula @drugstoreandbargainlover yes it is a lot shimmery! Thanks for following here and on Facebook! I will definitely check out your blog! @ dani@callitbeauty that would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...