Tuesday, October 26, 2010

C.O. Bigelow lip glosses - a must try!

Yesterday I had so much fun reviewing Maybelline's Color Sensational lipstick, I figured I would continue the same theme with a review of one of my favorite lip glosses ever -- C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint in Violet Mint No. 1646. I first discovered this gloss two years ago, when my friend gave it to me for Christmas. I have been stuck on it ever since. This is my go-to gloss that I put on every single day. I absolutely love it.
To me, the best thing about this gloss is the taste. It is infused with peppermint oil and designed to freshen your breath! The second you put it on, you can taste the mint and feel a cooling sensation on your lips. 

C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Tint line comes in various shades of pinks, plums and nudes. The Violet Mint shade is a sheer mauve that gives just the slightest hint of color. It looks great on its own or layered over lipstick. It gives a nice shine but is not sticky on your lips.
 
Another great thing about this gloss -- it's only $7.50! 

Also, it has a pretty cool history. C.O. Bigelow is a pharmacy that has been a mainstay in New York City's West Village for more than 150 years. Story has it that Mark Twain bought his toothpaste there! These days, the store, located at 414 Sixth Avenue, sells many different beauty lines including its own, C.O. Bigelow Products. If you're in the Big Apple, you should definitely check out the store for its unique products and old school charm. 
Photo courtesy C.O. Bigelow
Fortunately, those of you who are not close to NYC can also find C.O. Bigelow products online, and at Bath & Body Works

Have you tried anything from C.O. Bigelow? I think I am going to try their Mentha shampoo and conditioner next!

3 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about these! I own their Rosebud one in the tin! Love your blog! :)

    http://cosmeticcurious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried the Rosebud one. I might have to check it out. I was so happy when I found out they sold these at B&B Works! Thanks for reading and I'm following your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lush, similar to Cliniques Superbalms. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...