Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Come with me into Wonderland

I'm feeling like a rock star after getting a much needed haircut tonight! I'll show you my new 'do soon (it's not much different; just all cleaned up) but for now, I wanted to share some photos I snapped of the awesome hair salon I go to called Michael Angelo's Wonderland Beauty ParlorIt's located in New York City's West Village at 418 w. 13th st. If you're in need of a salon in NYC, I highly recommend Wonderland. I get my hair cut by Annastasia, and have always walked out of the salon feeling like a million bucks. 

Enjoy the photos!
How fabulous is this sign?
 An gorgeous chandelier hangs over the front desk. Also, check out the lollipops!
 I would kill for one of these in my bedroom. 
 The lobby of Wonderland Beauty Parlor. There are a million cool things to see.
 A random green rollerskate, for example. 
An etched hand mirror.
 Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
 Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
 A stuffed cheetah guards the front door.
 The guardcat
 I want this sculpture!
The bathroom ceiling 
Label.m dry shampoo. Everyone at the salon was raving about it!
The Lipstick Portraits, a series of photos by Wonderland owner, Michael Angelo to raise awareness and support for the Somaly Mam Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on fighting sexual slavery. 

The photos feature women such as Susan Sarandon and Dita Von Teese wearing red lipstick in honor of the girls and women who are forced to wear it while being sold as slaves in brothels.

100 percent of the sales of these limited edition prints, catalogues and t-shirts benefit Somaly Mam Foundation. For more information visit The Lipstick Portraits Facebook page 

Have a great night, pretties! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this place is amazing! I would love to check it out someday, hopefully I'll make it to New York sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...