Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dior "Ready to Glow" swatches & tutorial

I have been dying to do this post for a while now, but have been super busy with work! As you know, I recently picked up Dior's 5-Colour iridescent eyeshadow palette in "Ready to Glow" as part of Sephora's Friends and Family sale. I want to show you an actual eye makeup look I created using this palette, but first here's a reminder of what the palette looks like and some swatches of the colors.
One of the things I really like about this palette is that it comes with a handy instruction sheet that explains how to apply the shadows. Of course you don't have to stick to this guidance, and can experiment with the shadows however you wish, but for those of us who are not professional makeup artists, like myself, these instructions are really helpful. 

Now, here I am below wearing the eyeshadow. 

To create this eyeshadow look, I pretty much followed the instruction sheet and used colors 1, 2, and 4. 
First, I applied the lightest shade (4) to the inner corner of my eye and under my eyebrow. 
Second, I applied the darkest shade (1) along my upper row of lashes.
Next, I applied shade 3 into my crease and blended it into the other colors.
Then, I applied the darkest shade along my lower lash line. 
Finally, I applied eyeliner and mascara to complete the look. I used Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner on the bottom waterline (the piece of skin behind the bottom lashes) and Clinique brush on cream eyeliner on the top. Of course, I used my DiorShow Iconic mascara. 

This is just one eye look out of many that can be created with these shadows. For example, I am also really loving the dark brown color (5) with the peachy shade (3). Or, you could use the three lightest colors together for a really pretty, natural look. 

Also, I mentioned this in my massive November haul video, but it's worth restating - the lightest color in this palette (and the light peach shade) are both incredible colors for the inner corner. They truly do brighten the eye. 

All of these eyeshadows are very iridescent, which I very much like. They are buildable -- so by applying more you can get a darker, more intense color. Overall, I am very pleased with the Dior eyeshadows and plan to add more to my collection soon! 

3 comments:

  1. this eyeshadow looks unreal! it completely suits you aswell im super jealous! i should look into buying some...

    feel free to checkout the giveaway on my blog (:
    http://kissbangsnap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoring the palette, I especially love number 3 with the golden tones. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful, i'll be keeping my eye open for this palette :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...