Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Two dry shampoos I'm not loving right now

So I recently tried dry shampoo for the first time. I know, I know, what took me so long? Better late than never, I guess. Anyway, it basically revolutionized my life. With dry shampoo, I can go several days without washing my hair, and that's a huge time saver! Turns out, though, not all dry shampoos are created equal...

You may remember that I previously tried Batiste colored dry shampoo and loved it. After my can of Batiste ran out, I wanted to play he field a little and test out some other brands. I got this:
Got 2b Fat-tastic Fresh & Full Dry Shampoo - $7.99

My first impression - it smells good! Like a tropical drink. My second impression - OMG, it looks like I have white roots!

After I brushed out the white residue, I realized that this product actually works pretty well. That is, until it stopped being a dry shampoo. After using it for a few days, the product no longer sprayed out as a dry powder, but as a liquid that dried powdery. I am not a fan of that.

Moving on....

Next, I tried:
Pssssst Professional Instant Dry Shampoo 7 oz. - $8.99

I'm not sure if the can I bought was defective, but nothing came out except for air! I literally had to hold the can upside down for any of the actual product to come out. Annoying! Has anyone else experienced that problem?

Regardless of the faulty sprayer, out of all three dry shampoos I tried, I liked the consistency of this one least. It was very heavy and honestly kind of made my hair feel dirty. Plus, like the previous Got 2b dry shampoo, it began to turn watery. What's up with that?

I'm going back to my Batiste colored dry shampoo because that one rocked! I know some of you have tried Got 2b and Pssssst dry shampoos - what do you think of them?

5 comments:

  1. I've tried the regular psssst and its not that great. How much is the Batiste one? I'd like to give that a shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this Got 2b dry shampoo new? I picked up their new one from the Rockstar line or something but I haven't seen this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Melis, I got a can of Batiste for around $8, so not too bad at all. @Gaby, I am not sure if it's new, but I don't really think so. I also saw the Rockstar one, how did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used the Rockstar one, which I believe is from TIGI--the same company responsible for Bedhead and Catwalk.

    It works fine, never went watery, but smells a little chemical. I feel like it left a grayish cast to my hair, but I have blue hair so a lot of things make it look gray. Didn't feel dirty, but if you apply it over a few days it can leave a powdery buildup.

    I'd buy it again, but it's a little pricey at the $17 I paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Luna, thanks for the great review! $17 is a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...