Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring into this season with pink nail polish

Now that it's getting a tad bit warmer here in New York, I've been testing the waters with some springier nail polish shades. During the winter, I was hooked on painting my nails dark reds and purples. I am so over those shades now! I feel like it's time for some really fun pinks. I'm also determined to try light blue and pastel purple shades this season. For now, though, I have two pretty pink colors to share.

First up, OPI's My Chihuahua Bites!
A few weeks ago, I was hanging out with some girlfriends and they all had on such cute springy nail polish colors. One friend wore a peachy pink shade and another had on bright yellow. I just had to copy. So I got My Chihuahua Bites! and I love it. It's absolutely perfect for spring and summer.

Next up, I tried a slightly darker shade from OPI called Houston We Have A Purple.
The name isn't really that fitting because as you can tell, this is totally a pink. It's actually a dark beet shade. A very nice color, and perfect for this in-between time of year, when one day it feels like fall and the next it's spring again. 

What do you think of these shades? Have you transitioned to wearing springy nail polish colors yet, or are you still wearing your dark, wintery hues?

1 comment:

  1. i love this shade, so girly :)
    followed your blog dear :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...