Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beauty test run: Batiste brunette colored dry shampoo

I was talking to my friend who has the most beautiful long, flowing hair the other day. I randomly asked her how often she washes her locks and her answer totally suprised me!

"Once a week," my friend said.

My mouth totally dropped. I wash my hair every other day and can't imagine going a whole week without sudsing up. So how does she keep her hair looking so nice between washes? Dry shampoo.

"It's a total lifesaver," she said.

I've been wanting to try dry shampoo for what seems like forever, but that conversation drove me to finally actually go out and purchase some.
I picked up this "Batiste" brand colored dry shampoo, which is specially formulated for brown hair, and retails for around $8. After using this product several times, here are my initial reactions:

Pros: The product blends well into my brown hair and does not leave a chalky residue at all. It soaks up the oil at my roots and makes my hair look and feel refreshed. It has allowed me to go an extra day between washes. Plus, it has a nice cocoa butter smell that freshens up the hair.

Cons: My hair still looks better after it's been freshly shampooed and styled. Also, I found it slightly difficult to wash out.

Overall verdict: This products works well for the price and I will definitely continue using it until the can has run out.

Do you use dry shampoo? Which brand do you like the best? Can you believe I'd never tried it before?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on the dry shampoo train! Its one of the beauty items I can't live without, especially since my hair is long and half of it is "nuclear red." Batiste is one of the best around, other great ones to try are from Salon Grafix, Psssssst, and my newest favorite is Rockin' It from Got 2b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't believe I just discovered dry shampoo! Better late than never. @Moxie thanks for letting me know about those other brands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ma dove posso comprarlo?
    garzie betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...