Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sickie

Hey there, dear readers. I'm so sorry for my absence. I have been sick all week with the flu and bronchitis. I went home sick from work on Monday and have been stuck in bed ever since. Luckily, I'm on antibiotics now and finally starting to feel like myself again.

Now that I'm getting better I can't wait to resume the beauty conversation here on Prettied Up! With the SAG Awards this Sunday and the Academy Awards next month we'll have tons of celebrity beauty to discuss. Plus, Valentines Day will give everyone an excuse to doll up like a celebrity!

But before I get into the really good stuff, I must bring you up to date with my beauty situation for the past week since my absence. As could be expected, I haven't really been paying any attention to the way I look. My eyebrows are over-grown and my hair is a mess! But, during my endless hours in bed I did have one pretty thing to look at -- my nails.
This milky grayish/blue shade is OPI's "Moon Over Mumbai." It's been one of my favorite nail polish colors since the summer and is a great alternative to all the light pink shades that have been ultra popular for like five years now.

I applied it on Sunday before I got sick, and have been wearing it ever since. The photo above was taken yesterday -- five days after I applied the polish.

Normally my manicures look way ragged after five days. As soon as I see a little imperfection I start to chip it off. As I was laying in bed looking at my nails I had a minor epiphany -- It's amazing how much longer nail polish lasts when you just leave it alone. Sounds obvious, but it's true.

Anyway, I'm so excited to start feeling better and be able to do my hair and makeup again. What are you excited for beauty-wise?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about you having the flu and bronchitis! What a horrible combination! I hope you are feeling 100% soon! =)

    Beauty wise, I'm most excited about getting to go downtown (finally, as I've been sick too... bleh) to pick up Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau foundation. My sample is almost out, and I've decided I need this in my life, hehe!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andree. Hope you're feeling all better soon too! I'll have to check out that foundation. I use the MUFE HD foundation, which I love, but I'm always on the lookout for new products!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...