Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nail of the Day: Essie Sexy Divide

Today's nail of the day is Essie's Sexy Divide, a rich amethyst hue with a hint of shimmer. I wore this polish on New Year's Eve and it added the perfect, fun pop of color to my look. I almost didn't get the chance to wear this polish, though . . .
See, on the afternoon of New Year's Eve the nail salon in my neighborhood was so, so packed! After seeing approximately every single woman in New York City crowded into the salon, I walked out discouraged, nails un-done, and cursing myself for waiting until the last minute.

Even worse, I stopped by the beauty supply store (figuring I'd just buy a purple polish and do my own mani) but it looked like a tornado had passed through the polish section, leaving only the ugliest shades behind. 

As a last ditch effort, I called a different nail salon nearby and -- miraculously -- they were able to squeeze me in! Fortunately, the nail salon carried this pretty purple color, and the look I was envisioning finally came together. Crisis averted.
A champagne toast
Dancing the night away.
Do you ever wear purple nail polish? What do you think of this color? Was it worth the stress I went through?

1 comment:

  1. I love purple polish, and this one is no exception! It's a gorgeous color, and in my opinion, totally worth the stress! I will look for this color next time I'm at a place that sells Essie! Thanks for sharing!!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...