Thursday, September 16, 2010

Do you have a signature makeup look? I do.

When it comes to makeup, do you have multiple personalities or are you more of a one-hit wonder?

Having a signature look has its benefits -- it's easy, foolproof, and you don't have to worry about wasting money on a product you might not like. But playing around with different colors and styles is fun! And every beauty junkie deserves to have some fun every now and then, right? 

Back in college I had a big black case filled with tons of different makeup and I experimented all the time. These days, I keep it a little simpler. All summer I've been wearing the same makeup every day, for every occasion. It's fared me well through a vacation to Punta Cana, my 25th birthday, my cousins wedding, a work trip to Vegas, and all my random adventures around NYC. Here's the look I've been sporting: 
That's me on my 25th birthday!
A close up of the eyeshadow:
And here's exactly what I use to get this look:

1. SEPHORA COLLECTION Smoothing Primer, $15
2. MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation, $40
3. MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Concealer, $28
4. Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch, $40 
5. TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer, $19
6. NARS Blush (Desire), $26
7. Lorac Little Black Palette ($72 Value), $32
8. Dior DiorShow Iconic Mascara, $27

Please pay special attention to product number 7 because I absolutely love this palette and it's really what the whole look is all about. I use the lightest shade on my lid and along my brow bone, the two middle shades in my crease, and the darkest as eyeliner. To use the shadow as liner I simply wet an eyeliner brush (Smashbox makes a great one), dip it into the shadow, and apply to both the top and bottom lash line. On my lips, I generally wear a gloss from C.O. Bigelow (they make the best glosses) or just Burt's Bees chapstick.  

So, this is what I have been using for the last few months. It's simple and fresh-looking, but I'm thinking of changing up my look now that fall is here. I might try a maroon eyeshadow and black eyeliner for the fall and winter. 

But, I want to know -- do you have a signature look? What products do you use? Do you think I should change it up? And if so, what should I try? Leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...