Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trend to try now: Bright colored eyeliner

Now that the weather is warming up, the makeup I've been wearing all winter long feels gloomy and boring. I've already ditched my dark nail polish hues in favor of fun spring shades, and now I'm ready to do the same with my makeup. One of the trends I'm loving right now is bright colored eyeliner.
Celebrities like Rihanna and Leighton Meester have wowed me in the past with daring jewel-toned eyeliner looks. Lately, though, the trend has also been gaining traction with the masses.

At a recent family barbecue my brother's incredibly stylish girlfriend was wearing the most eye-catching turquoise eyeliner. It looked so fresh and fun!

Shades of turquoise, electric blue, purple, green and bronze are lovely for spring and can really make your eyes pop.

When testing out this trend:
  • Don't overdo it with eyeshadow! Bright blue eyeliner paired with bright blue shadow could easily get into 80's territory, and that is not what you want! For a more modern look, pair your bright eyeliner with neutral shadow.
  • Experiment! Before investing in an expensive liner, test out different colors using drugstore brands, which sell a range of pretty eyeliner colors at affordable prices. 
  • Try rimming your eyes all the way around with colored eyeliner then smudging it out for an updated smoky eye look. 
Last month at the Beautylish spring trend preview event I received an amazing gift bag containing, among many other products, Milani Liquif'eye eyeliner in "08 Blue." 
This smudge-proof eyeliner comes in a retractable applicator, meaning it never needs to be sharpened. It goes on incredibly smooth, without tugging on the eye at all, and is highly pigmented. I wore this eyeliner recently and got tons of compliments! It was a different look than I'm used to but I really liked it. 

If you're in the market for a colored eyeliner, here are some other great options:

What do you think of these shades? Do you ever wear colored eyeliner?

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME post! Love it! During the winter months I love sneaking in colour on my otherwise neutral face with some great colored liquid liner by revlon. It's always been my favorite way to add a pop of colour to the sorry winter months here in Canada.

    Have a great one! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...